Job Title: Entry Level Mechanic - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
Department: Mechanics - Power
Office Name: Jacintoport International
Address: 16398 Jacintoport Blvd
Postal Code: 77015
This position is responsible for maintaining and repairing the Jacintoport International Facility mobile equipment fleet, which consists of various types of combustion engine and electric powered equipment to include, but not limited to, forklifts, container handlers, yard trucks, pick-up trucks, golf carts, and all their related components, within the Mechanic Shop Department. To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Six (6) months of experience in equipment maintenance & repairs programs for electric, diesel and/or gas powered equipment, including forklifts, container handlers, yard trucks, pick-up trucks, golf carts and or cranes.
- Must own the necessary basic hand tools for the maintenance and repair of electric, diesel and gas equipment.
- Must have experience and ability to use common hand and power tools.
- Must be have ability to read, write, and speak Basic English.
- Must have the ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees.
- Must be able to work (flexible hours) extended hours including nights, overtime, weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine PM (preventive maintenance) service on gas and diesel engines and on fuel, brake, and transmission systems to ensure peak performance, safety, and longevity of the equipment (oil changes, filter changes, fluid checks, etc.)
- Remove and replace parts with minimal supervision
- Correct equipment deficiencies by adjusting equipment components to manufactures specifications using provided maintenance manuals or direction from shop foreman or others with qualified information.
- May assist other mechanics in performance of duties or work independently.
- Maintain a clean work area, free of debris or safety hazards and maintain an awareness of surroundings (i.e. vehicles, equipment, etc.) at all times.
- Assist in identifying and ordering parts.
- Manually track times spent on maintenance jobs and enter on the job order, and provide information to the shop supervisor or shop coordinator for system entry.
- Assist in fueling operation as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Subject to physical and/or DOT Screening is required along with other tests as applicable.
- The employee is continuously required to grasp, exercise repetitive wrist motion, and finger movement.
- The employee is continuously required to talk and hear.
- The employee is continuously required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, forward bend, squat, twist, pinch, and reach forward
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 55 pounds
- The employee is occasionally required to sit (while driving), grasp and exercise eye-hand coordination and eye-hand-foot coordination
- The employee is occasionally required to kneel, crawl, reach overhead, exercise repetitive foot motion, and eye-hand-foot coordination
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed by immediate supervisor
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Receives direct supervision from the Mechanic Shop Supervisor and/or Mechanic Shop Foreman.
- Work is performed primarily in the shop/outdoors; exposed to all possible environmental factors such as extreme heat, rain, wind and high humidity during day and night shifts
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- The employee is occasionally exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high
- Moderate vibration though hands when using power tools and throughout body when operating power industrial equipment
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.