Job Title: Logistics Coordinator (Resin Warehouse)
Department: Resin Operations-Admin
Office Name: Jacintoport International
Address: 16398 Jacintoport Blvd
Postal Code: 77015
This position is responsible for coordinating all the logistics for the warehouse, intermodal, packaging, stevedoring and related functions for warehouse operations. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) year of previous experience in logistics coordination in a warehouse environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have intermediate computer skills; Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be able to work overtime as needed including weekends and holidays
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must have the ability to work with limited supervision
- Must have the ability to communicate (read and write) English at an Intermediate level effectively in a business environment
- Must have the ability to think logically and follow procedures and instructions
- Must have the ability to prepare a variety of reports
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures
- Must have good organization and time management skills
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate warehouse and logistics operations for warehousing and delivering of commodities
- Responsible for coordinating all the necessary work with the customers, suppliers, freight forwarders, inspectors, fumigators, surveyors, etc.
- Responsible for following and complying with all the policies and procedures and compliance programs, in order to assure compliance with the customers’ contracts.
- Support and provide all the necessary information for the audits and external reviews.
- Responsible for coordinating and tracking intermodal operations such as, trucks and railcars for all incoming cargoes
- Responsible creating and maintaining the physical inventory reports for all the commodities by customer
- Coordinate all cargoes and commodities inspections with the corresponding customers, agencies, etc.
- Responsible for creating the bills of ladings for outbound cargoes
- Coordinate the loading of containers with the Warehouse Supervisor
- Coordinates equipment needs with the dispatch department
- Responsible for creating invoices for the Resin and Bagged goods departments.
- Responsible for preparing the work orders for billing and ensure that all the necessary requirements are met before sending any documentation to other departments or parties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Responsible for maintaining and keeping all the files
- Responsible for scheduling the appointments for cargoes deliveries
- Notify the carriers for loaded containers
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damages
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and trainings
- Be constantly aware of their own personal safety and that of all workers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Warehouse and Logistics Manager. Does not exercise supervision over any other position.
- Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy (many phones in open cubicles).
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change