Job Title: Payroll and Labor Coordination Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Office Name: Jacintoport International
Address: 16398 Jacintoport Blvd
Postal Code: 77015
This position is responsible for supporting day-to-day operations with the coordination of payroll processing, reporting and administrative support of labor and staff coordination. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applicants out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Must possess current experience processing payroll for 200+ employees or Accounts Payable/Receivable experience with a solid understanding of debits and credits.
- Must have some experience with scheduling and staffing/workforce coordination.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends.
- Intermediate skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have beginner skills in Microsoft Access or be able to learn it within three (3) months of hire.
- Must be able to communicate in English and Spanish at an intermediate level.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and be detail oriented
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Must have strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to trouble shoot and handle conflict in a professional manner.
- Possess high energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- Must be able to accurately process alpha/numeric information
- Ability to think logically, establish and follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule regular staff to fulfill operational needs per vessel sailings, coordinate with other operating departments in need of additional staff and request temporary staff to fill remaining vacancies through third party agencies.
- Act as the primary point of contact for labor scheduling matters which includes but not limited to: receipt of various workforce leave notifications by phone and/or other electronic communication methods; gang assignment and tracking; emergency replacements, and ordering additional temporary labor in case of a shortage from all operational departments.
- Send out daily schedule notices with the call-in system
- Perform payroll duties to include accurately calculating and maintaining weekly hours worked and track all absences
- Run reports in call-in system and notify HR of excessive absences
- Verify that timesheets are accurate, and process third party agency invoices.
- Perform system entry of timecards into the timekeeping systems (ADP eTime and Access)
- Discuss and resolve quality issues presented by operations managers regarding the temporary staff by liaising with respective third party agencies.
- Attend to departmental visitors, handle PTO-related requests and corresponding filing
- Maintain a clean work area, free of debris or safety hazards and maintain awareness of surroundings (i.e. vehicles, people, equipment, etc.) at all times.
- Cross train and serve as back up for Receptionist as needed
- Assist with company events when needed
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- The employee is frequently required to use their fingers
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear
- The employee is continuously required to sit
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
This position reports directly to the Payroll Supervisor, indirectly to the HR Regional Manager and HR Director. Does not exercise supervision over any other position.
- Indoors office - Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.