Job Title: HR Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Office Name: Jacintoport International
Address: 16398 Jacintoport Blvd
Postal Code: 77015
This position is responsible for performing administrative functions that provide support to the Human Resources Department. This role provides assistance and support in the day-to-day Human Resources functions and is assigned to carrying out general office functions. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- One (1) year of experience in the HR field or an equivalent combination of education and at two (2) years of administrative/office experience.
- Must be bilingual with the ability to read, write, and speak in English & Spanish at an intermediate level in a business environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Intermediate to Advanced Computer skills (in programs such as MS Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Must be able to work extended hours, weekends and/or holidays as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to the various areas of responsibility to include recruitment, employee relations, evaluations, and benefits.
- Conducts new employee & benefits orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of Company policies, benefit plans, enrollment provisions and ensure new hires enroll in benefits during the onboarding process.
- Assist employees with questions related to job opportunities, company policies, benefits, and other Company programs.
- Assists with translations to/from Spanish, verbal and written.
- Type letters and memoranda with supervisor’s guidance.
- Arranges meetings and conferences for department as instructed and assists in coordinating various presentations and events.
- Assists employees with their web-based benefits enrollments/changes and benefit related inquiries and problems
- Assist with distribution of benefits materials from carriers, assists with, communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation by providers.
- Maintain and system enter employee data in HR Access database.
- Review and process various items such as Company loans, tuition reimbursements, bank card enrollment entry through ADP, business cards, etc.
- Review/code vendor invoices and send to HR manager for approval
- Conducts the Exit/Stay Interviews for those employees completing 90-days on the job; forward feedback to each Department Manager
- Responsible for maintenance of personnel files to include purging and recording same.
- Serve as back-up to perform post-offer/pre-employment process
- Prepares reports requested by the department manager, where information may be obtained from a variety of sources.
- Maintains departmental filing system as needed.
- Updates databases as needed
- Backup for reception and Executive
- Backup for payroll, if needed
- Assist with special projects & events.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Subject to physical is required along with other tests as applicable
- The employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear
- The employee is continuously required to sit
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Human Resources Manager. This position does not have any direct reports.
- Indoors office - Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.