Job Title: Forklift Operator
Department: BAG Warehouse
Office Name: Jacintoport International
Address: 16398 Jacintoport Blvd
Postal Code: 77015
This position is responsible for moving different commodities, utilizing forklift equipment, within Bagged Support Warehouse Department. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- One (1) year of 10K forklift experience
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak Basic English
- Must have the ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented work environment
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision and strong initiative
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures
- Must have the ability to think logically, follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions
- Must be able to work (flexible hours) long hours including, nights, overtime, weekends and holidays
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all functions in accordance with operation and safety guidelines.
- Operate 10K forklift equipment to move or transport different commodities, including pallets containing 110 lbs bags or 54lbs vegetable oil boxes, and flat racks, within a specific time frame from one location to another with the proper and safe care to avoid any damages or accidents
- Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment; refer defects or repairs to warehouse mechanic.
- Maintain constant communication with supervisor and co-workers to ensure that the correct load is moved at the right time and to the correct location.
- Inform supervisor immediately if detected any damages and/or spoiled cargo before loading or unloading.
- Maintain a clean work area, free of debris or safety hazards and awareness of surroundings (i.e. vehicles, people, equipment, etc.) at all times
- Provide assistance to the bagging assembly line by coordinating with another staff member, filling up empty bags with different commodities, such as grain, rice, or green peas, while the other member sews bags and vise versa.
- Provide assistance to the bagging assembly line by manually stacking 110lbs bags onto pallet and moving or transporting them to designated locations, operating 10K forklift equipment.
- Manually load and unload occasionally 110lbs bags, containing various commodities, and 54lbs vegetable oil boxes from containers and railcars onto pallets or designated holding station.
- Manually load warehouse feeding belts with 110lbs bags being sent to vessel
- Operate 10K forklift to load and unload vegetable oil boxes from containers and railcars onto pallets or designated holding station
- Perform physical labor function of manually unloading 110lbs bags from conveyor belt line into vessel
- Perform general stevedoring duties depending on business volume and needs
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- Subject to physical and Screening is required along with other tests as applicable
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, squat, pinch and forward bend
- The employee occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 55 lbs. and marginal up to 110 lbs.
- The employee is frequently required to sit (while driving), climb, twist, grasp and forward reach.
- The employee is frequently required to exercise repetitive wrist and foot motion, eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity
- The employee is continuously required to exercise eye-hand-foot coordination
- The employee is frequently required to talk and hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed by immediate supervisor
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Bag Superintendent Warehouse Operations and does not exercise supervision over any other position.
- Warehouse environment, exposure to all possible environmental factors such as extreme heat, wind, rain, and high humidity during day and night shifts
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- The employee is continuously exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.