Job Title: Laborer
Department: Resin Warehouse
Office Name: Jacintoport International
Address: 16398 Jacintoport Blvd
Postal Code: 77015
This labor-intensive position is responsible for manually loading and unloading a variety of commodities within the Resin Shipping Department. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographical region for position applied will not be considered.
- Requires an ability to handle an abundance of manual labor
- Must have the ability to manually load and unload and stuff containers
- Requires candidate to be physically fit, agile, dexterous, and strong enough to lift and carry large amounts of weight for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak Basic English
- Must have the ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision and strong initiative
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees
- Must have the ability to think logically, follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions
- Must be able to work (flexible hours) extended hours including, overtime, weekends and holidays
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all functions in accordance with operation and safety guidelines
- Load and unload bagged/packaged cargo and commodity bags and containers weighing from approximately 55 lbs to approximately 110 lbs
- Handle and relocate various commodities inside, outside, and throughout the warehouse and terminal as assigned
- Maintain a clean and organize work area, free of debris or safety hazards and awareness of surroundings (i.e. vehicles, people checking equipment, etc.) at all times
- Perform general warehouse cleaning and maintenance
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Subject to physical is required along with other tests as applicable
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear
- The employee is frequently required to stand and/or walk
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 110 lbs
- The employee is regularly required to use their fingers
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed by immediate supervisor
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Resin Shipping Foreman and does not exercise supervision over any other position.
- Position indoors in an uncontrolled environment exposed to all possible environmental factors such as extreme heat, rain, wind, and high humidity during day and night shifts
- The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- The employee is continuously exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high
- Moderate vibration with use of hydraulic seating system
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.