Job Title: Forklift Operator - Shipping
Department: Resin Warehouse
Office Name: Jacintoport International
Address: 16398 Jacintoport Blvd
Postal Code: 77015
This position is responsible for moving different commodities within Resin Warehouse utilizing a forklift. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Must have a one (1) year minimum experience operating a 5K forklift in a warehouse environment
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak basic English
- Must be able to accurately process alpha/numeric information
- Must have the ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision and strong initiative
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees
- Must have the ability to think logically, follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and/or extended hours as needed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all functions in accordance with operation and safety guidelines
- Review and implement the ISO (International Organization for Standardization) guidelines on a daily basis to ensure compliance with safety, and warehouse storing procedures
- Inspect forklift before operating making sure it is safe to operate and manually complete the forklift maintenance checklist
- Operate 5K forklift equipment to safely and efficiently transport, relocate material and move loaded pallets, containing 55lbs bags filled with plastic pellets, from the warehouse location to the loading docks and place into export containers or trailers.
- Relocate pallets within the warehouse
- Compare pallet ID label number with lot number to make sure that there are no discrepancies before loading pallets into containers or trailers.
- Use RF (Radio Frequency) hand held computer system to track work performed and inventory
- Maintain a clean and organize work area, free of debris or safety hazards and awareness of surroundings (i.e. vehicles, people checking equipment, etc.) at all times
- Seek out sufficient warehouse space by working with packaging line Foreman and the shipping department to efficiently store product in the warehouse
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Subject to physical and/or DOT Screening is required along with other tests as applicable
- The employee is continuously required to sit, twist, forward reach, and exercise eye-hand coordination and eye-hand-foot coordination
- The employee is continuously required to grasp and exercise repetitive foot and wrist motion
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their fingers
- The employee is frequently required to talk and hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, forward bend and exercise pinch and finger dexterity
- The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry up to 20lbs. and push and pull up to 5 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed by immediate supervisor
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Resin Packaging Supervisor and receives guidance from the Packaging Foreman. Employee does not exercise supervision over any other position.
- Position indoors in an uncontrolled environment exposed to all possible environmental factors such as extreme heat, rain, wind, and high humidity during day and night shifts
- The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- The employee is continuously exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high
- Moderate vibration with use of hydraulic seating system
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.